When registering an account, please choose an anonymous username, that is not your real name or a username that you use on other forums or websites. It is safer to post information on scammers if they can't identify you.
Please note that any usernames that appear to be portraying an official capacity of some sort or a connection to the forum will be banned.
If you have already registered and would like a username change then please contact any of the moderators via the private message system with the new name you would like.
Getting help/Providing scam details
Please read this in full before posting information!
If you think you've been contacted by a scammer and want help or have information on a scam, then this is the right place to post. The more information that you can provide about the email, website or contact you've had, the better we can assist.
Please start a new topic here in the help forum rather than adding to someone else's.
Here are some important points about posting which will enable us to help you more effectively:
Safety is our top priority here. For your safety was ask that you don't post your own personal details. Please remove your name, address, email address, and phone number from any emails before posting them.
Note: If your username is your real name, please send a private message to an administrator to request a name change.
Helping us to help you
When posting information about scammers, every detail helps! Please try to include as much of the following as possible:
- All email addresses used in the scam, including those of the scammer and any other individual, agency, or company involved.
- The actual text of the early emails you have received, and any emails requesting money (make sure remove your personal details first).
- All phone numbers and fax numbers used in the scam.
- Any websites the scammer has referred you to.
- Any photos used. Please do not post nude or pornographic photos.
- A description of the scam
- Usernames and profiles they use that you are aware of (for facebook or myspace pages).
- The details, as above, for any other person (doctor, lawyer, banker, reverend, friend or family member) who you have been referred to as part of the scam. In all likelihood, these people will be actually be impersonated by the same scammer.
What if the person is not a scammer?
Many visitors may be reluctant to post the details of the person who is asking them to send money for fear that it may be an innocent person. We too are very concerned about ensuring that no innocent people are listed here. If there is evidence to suggest that someone listed here may be innocent, we will either remove or clarify the thread as necessary.
While waiting for a response
Please stop all contact with the people you have posted about. You will normally receive a response from one of our team members quite quickly, but occasionally it will take some time. Please keep in mind that all of our support team is made up of volunteers, so there may be times when someone is not immediately available to respond to you.
While waiting for advice, please take some time to look around the forums. You may find that the information "stickies" in the individual sections of the forum answer many of your questions.