Crypto Scam By This Stupid Person... Looted my $20000

Victim Support - Post here for support if you think that you or someone you know is being scammed
aaradhyav

Crypto Scam By This Stupid Person... Looted my $20000

My uncle was trapped in a crypto scam... So basically he had given some money to you know those fake Instagram pages that they'll take money, trade and distribute profits keeping 20% commission with themselves... Now that person ran away with our money and my uncle got so pissed that he started to search a way to get this person sued.

He came across a person on Quora who claimed that he used somebody's service and got all his stolen crypto back within 2 working days... My uncle believed it and fell for an even bigger scam 🥲 he paid a so-called hacker $150 for buying tools so that he could hack the person's wallet who initially stole the funds, and then he kept asking him for money in different ways like he manipulated to be some manager of some non-existent company, my uncle had to bribe some manager from the fake company that claimed that they would return his stolen crypto asap if he bribed the hacker who belonged to this fake company, and he basically made him believe he genuinely needed the money from him to be able to get his 1st time stolen money back.

Eventually the hacker from the fake company literally looted $15000 from my uncle and somehow hacked his phone when my uncle threatened him to report this to the police, and the hacker even deleted all his data.

I know this was extremely stupid of him but, this thing has already taken place, after my uncle told me everything I spoke to the scammer on his behalf and he told us that in order to get his money back he'll have to fight a case against that company, and they were waiting so that I could get my lawyer...

I've attached the screenshots of the conversation below, I am sorry I can't provide you with the earlier conversations as I mentioned that the hacker literally got into my uncle's phone and erased all the data... Furthermore, I'll tell you the context of the conversation mentioned in the screenshot below... Basically, I asked him, "What's the proof that you've filed a case against us? Where is it, and how can you? I mean, you're scamming us, and then you're filing a case against us? And for what reason... so he sends me this website and from there you can read our entire conversation...

Also, when you'll go through the screenshots I've sent him a wallet phrase of a fake wallet using a fake screenshot as I wanted to see if he's still after my uncle's money... I have also written slangs in the last as he was ignoring us since past 2 days.

Also in between I tried to call him hundreds of times and by chance he picked up my video call, and it was absolutely clear that he was a Nigerian scammer.... please I beg you I know what bull shit my uncle has faced, this is a huge concern because people have reported scams for the same company on trust pilot... They've been using fake transaction screenshots as well... my uncle lost his everything, but I don't want anyone else to face such a situation that my uncle is going through.

Kindly reply if you want the evidence

Dr Sheldon Cooper
Site Admin

Re: Crypto Scam By This Stupid Person... Looted my $20000

I am sorry to hear that your uncle was scammed, but realistically he is not going to get his money back whatever the scammer tells him.

All the time you and your uncle remain in contact with the scammers, they will just see it as a chance to steal more money from him. So the best thing that you can do is just cut off all contact with the scammers and block them.

You can report the crime to your local police, but it is very unlikely that they will be able to do anything. Your uncle should also be aware that as he is a paying victim, it is very likely that his detail will be sold to other scammers, so he should be wary of anyone who contacts him claiming to be able to help him get his money back or making other unbelievable offers to him.

aaradhyav

Re: Crypto Scam By This Stupid Person... Looted my $20000

Thank You For your response, I appreciate it...