Suspicious donation

Victim Support - Post here for support if you think that you or someone you know is being scammed
tuxnan

Suspicious donation

Hello !

Please check if the attached email messages is scam.
Anyway, the money didn't reach in my account, because some information from the transfer confirmation receipt was wrong (account number and iban).

Thank you very much in advance !
George
Attachments
message3.png
message3.png (60.91 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
message2.png
message2.png (54.83 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
message1.png
message1.png (69.88 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

Dr Sheldon Cooper
Site Admin

Re: Suspicious donation

It's a definite scam. Anyone who writes to you claiming that you are due a large sum of money is scamming you. If you paid any fees then I am sorry, but that money is gone. The best thing to do now is totally block the scammer and stop responding to them.

tuxnan

Hi !

Thank you very much for your reply.
The weird things are that they did not charge me for any fee, and the person (Diana Milena Graterol Jaimez) is real; I mean, she really works in the medical field.

Cheers !
George

Hans Neesantoes

It is strange that the scammers never asked for money, the only things I can think of is that the scam script they are using is slightly different and the fee comes after the apparent sending of the funds to you (no money will have really been sent). The other possibility is that they were actually phishing you or sending you malware. I can see in one of the emails you posted that it mentions an attached "transfer confirmation receipt". If that file was forwarded to you and you opened it then I would recommend that you do a full virus scan on your machine as it could have contained malware.

Also, scammers regularly use the names and details of real people as part of their scam, so the fact that Diana Milena actually exists isn't a surprise.
If you are reading this post because you have been contacted by this individual then you are100% being scammed - all my posts are thoroughly researched before being posted.